- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Campus Life
- Contact Us
At SDUST we're proud of our pioneering history, our distinguished present and our exciting future. SDUST is a great place to be a student – here are some of the reasons why.
· Founded in 1951, SDUST is one of the bes tengineering universities in China.
· SDUST has been running three English-taught undergraduate programs for international students since 2006, making it one of the earliest universities to do so in China.
· Some courses for international students offered by SDUST have been listed as a Brand Courseby the Ministry of Education of China.
· SDUST has 9 centers for post-doctoral studies,43 doctoral programs,127 master’s programs, and 85 undergraduate programs. Find out more about our programs
· Since 2011, SDUST has undertaken 3088 science and technology projects, with a total contract fund of 0.75 billion RMB.
· SDUST is the top-rated university in China for the beautiful campus, according to a nation-wide survey done in 2015.
· SDUST has won 4 state awards and 49 provincial/ministerial awards.
· SDUST staff and students come from a total of 50 countries.
· SDUST Science and Technology Park, the second national level university science and technology park established in Qingdao, was approved by the Ministry of Education of China and the Ministry of Science and Technology of China in January 2013. As an incubator for business and projects, the SDUST Science and Technology Park attracts investments from small and medium-sized enterprises, while offering SDUST students opportunities of internship.
· We have a faculty of over 2900.
· We have 268 professors who all received their PhD degree in leading higher education institutions in China or abroad.
· We have over 40,000 full-time students per year.
· We have 1 key laboratory and 1 engineering research center established by the Ministry of Education of China.
· You would enjoy a life in Qingdao, one of the most popular Chinese cities famous for its world renowned beaches, countless museums and tourist spots, friendly climate, convenient transportation, fast-growing economy. The list can go on and on. Find out more about the city of Qingdao
· You would fall in love with the exciting local region, namely Qingdao West Coast New Area, which was officially approved as the ninth state-level new district by the State Council of China. Find out more about the local area.
· You would become a valuable part of an energetic community where the starting point is always ‘truth and innovation’.
· You would study with national-leading experts, and benefit from a program of distinguished visitors and guest speakers.
· You would meet wide-ranging expertise across various fields of study provides opportunities for ground breaking interdisciplinary investigation.
· You would have a wide range of opportunities of lab work, internships and practice.
The University actively participates in international exchange and cooperation, with a view to internationalize its education. It has established cooperative relationship with 112 higher learning institutions and research institutes in 23 countries and regions including the US, Japan, Germany, Russia, France, Australia, etc. Six Sino-foreign joint laboratories have been set up, and over 50 cooperative projects initiated. Joint-education and student exchange programs are underway with countries such as the US, France, Germany, Australia, and others. International students from more than 40 countries come to SDUST for a degree or short term study. More than 20 faculty members play leading roles in various international academic institutions.