In order to create a positive campus atmosphere, the College of International Exchange of SDUST will hold the International Students’ Table Tennis Match on December 16, 2015.
The starting time is 16:10 P.M, December 16th
Note: Being late for 10 minutes or above is regarded as waiver.
2. Match Venue
Activity Hall, second floor, GA19,21
3. Notes for Application
(1) The match consists of two sports events: men’s singles and women’s singles. For application, please contact Mr. Wu in Room 108, International Office.
(2) If applicants of an event are fewer than 8 people, then the event will be canceled.
4. Match Flow
(1) The match is divided into male and female groups that will start the game simultaneously on two separate tables. Each group is allocated with a referee and a recorder.
(2) The match consists of two stages--group stage and knockout. All applicants should go to Room 108, International Office to draw lots at 3 p.m. on December 15. Please note that the application deadline is December 16.
(3) All players are divided into 4 equal groups (A, B, C, D) with all the members of a group playing each other, and the top 2 players of a group advance towards the knockout stage.
(4) Knockout is taken in quarter finals, semi-finals and finals. The winner and the runners-up will be decided in the finals.
(5) Detailed arrangement of the game will be released later on.
(1) Players are supposed to arrive at the match venue 15 minutes ahead of the starting time, and to have warm-up activities.
(2) The match should not be stopped by any reason excepting wiping perspiration and drinking water. Quitting or leaving the match with no proper reason shall be regarded as waiver.
(3) Players must strictly abide by rules of the match. Impostors (i.e. non-applied players or non-SDUST players) and players who are against the sportsmanship (such as: making malicious threats toward other players, match fixing, offending the referee without reasons, etc.) shall be disqualified for the game.
(4) Players should respect referees and accept the ruling of referees. If a player has conflict with the referee, or makes offensive remarks to the referee, or surrounds the referee in an aggressive manner, then his/her qualification and the score that has been achieved shall be canceled.
(5) Players have to provide their own rackets. Balls are offered by the college.
(6) Spectators should keep civilization while watching the game. Do not make offensive remarks to players and referees. Do not get involved in referee’s decisions. Keep quiet while watching the game.
(7) Two out of three system and 11-point scoring system are adopted in the match. For specific rules please refer to the rules stipulated by the International Table Tennis Federation.
(8) If any special circumstance happens, please contact the responsible personnel in time.
College of International Exchange
Shandong University of Science and Technology
December 1, 2015